Productivity Training for the 21st Century
For too long we’ve conditioned ourselves to push ourselves harder, and to move faster in order to get more done. This creates a stressful state that has become synonymous with productivity.
This old, outdated paradigm assumes increased effort/stress = greater productivity and effectiveness. Anecdotal evidence and scientific research suggest this is far from accurate. Exerting more effort beyond a certain point results in increased burnout, stress, procrastination, and reduced productivity and well-being.
We’ve fallen under the illusion that the only way to find relief from stress is to do more. And it never feels like enough – because we continue to feel stressed.
This anxiety-fueled pursuit of getting things done has narrowed our focus to accomplishment as the source of our peace of mind.
- We think it is possible to stress ourselves into a state of peace.
- We think it is possible to work ourselves out of stress and anxiety.
- We think it is possible to push through until we get everything done.
When getting enough done looks like the only way to alleviate stress, we’ve created a moving target that can never be reached. And we’ve simultaneously short-circuited our ability for productivity and effectiveness.
There Is Another Way
Fortunately, there is a far more effective and logical approach to increasing our productivity without sacrificing our well-being. There is an easier way to accomplish more without risking our mental and physical health.
This new productivity paradigm is designed to remove extraneous thought and quiet the mind – without the need to manage, monitor, or control our thinking in order for the mind to quiet. As our minds settle we correspondingly increase our capacity to navigate life with greater productivity, resilience, and creativity – or what I commonly refer to as Flow. (Are you in flow? Take this quick quiz to find out.)
3 Pillars of Flow Productivity
Strategies from the Inside-Out: Your systems and strategies need to be custom fit to the way your brain works and how you operate in the world. Your best strategies can’t be found outside of you.
State of Mind: Mental clarity and well-being is your birthright. It is your default setting. When you see how busy thinking can innocently take you away from a clear state of mind – it is much easier to find your way back to center. Here you build your foundation for how life is working behind-the-scenes.
Source of Energy: Your body is direct link to insight and intuition. Managing your energy – physical, mental, emotional, and even spiritual allows you to leverage all aspects of your internal resources. Focusing here can skyrocket your productivity while diminishing your stress.
How This is Different
Traditional productivity focuses on strategies. But strategies alone are like fish – they are helpful in the moment but are a temporary fix. With this entire foundation in place you will learn how to fish for yourself. This is how you fundamentally make life and work – work for you.
- Spending far less time and energy in stress, anxiety, and overwhelm
- More time being productive, creative, and focused – without trying so hard
- A quieter, clearer mind with less to think about = more insight and productive action
- Minimizing or eliminating unproductive behaviors including procrastination, and perfectionism
- Improved communication, understanding, and resourcefulness across and within teams
- Sustainable, customized systems that bridge the gap between personal, team, and organizational processes.
Ready to Get Started?
“Between presenting at our office and providing individual coaching to nearly a dozen staff members throughout our organization, the fundamental takeaway was that Julie knows the ins and outs of productivity. She takes an unconventional approach that allows people to develop their own solutions – which makes them stick. Those who worked with Julie saw an increase in their overall productivity and ability to manage their stress.” – Jonathan Cogley, Founder Thycotic Software
How Much Time, Energy, and Money Would You Save if Your Staff Was In Flow?
Flow Productivity Training Program Options:
- Introductory 2 hour workshop or Advanced 1 day workshop
- Minimum of 3 individual follow up coaching calls with each participant recommended
- Follow up training in 6 weeks – 3 months. Virtually or in-person.
All workshops can be tailored to meet the needs of your group.
As Seen In: